Digital Marketing Skills
Let’s understand some questions related to Digital marketing skills before us under it: –
What are digital marketing skills?
Why are digital marketing skills in demand?
Why everyone needs to learn digital marketing skills?
What are the digital marketing skills jobs available?
How can you become a digital marketing skills specialist?
We are going to discuss Digital marketing skills in detail to understand it very and get answers to all the above questions.
Digital marketing is the new-age marketing skill that everyone needs for survival. When we talk about survival it’s not only about business here, but we are also talking about survival for every individual. We need these skills for getting jobs, growing in our careers, business growth, and selling/promoting products and services.
These Digital marketing skills are in demand in every market in Africa/Asia/Europe …..
These skills consist of doing search marketing, social media marketing, lead generation, content marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing, marketing automation, and analysing these marketing activities and results.
Let’s understand some of the digital marketing skills: –
1. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): In simple word, SEO is a display of your website/blog/post at the top of the search page, when someone looks for a product/service you offers or similar to that. In SEO 3 things are there:-
- Search Engine: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu AOL. … These are the sites where people search for your things and see results for the same.
- Online presence of Products/Services: To be seen online or found by your audience/customer you must have one presence it can be information or website/blog or another online platform. Customer is searching online on the web, so if you are not there how they will see you?
- Keywords: Keywords is the Key to SEO, they help navigate search engine to your website/blog. In absence of proper keywords, you may not be seen by your target audience. If someone is looking for maths tuition in his area and your website/blog/post is not related to keywords to maths, your will not visible to them.
So, to get found by your audience you must study and implement SEO. This is one of the free marketing skills/tools you can use.
2. Search Engine Marketing (SEM – paid advert): You might have heard the terms like CPC (Cost-per-click), and PPC (pay-per-click) as you can see here it directly talks about cost and pay based on our advert. It means here we are paying to search engine service providers to display our advert when they search. The majority of SEM is done by google paid advert. Based on your advert setup and keyword planning your advert seen by users. You are charged by the search engine based on user action in your advert planning.
Without good SEM skills, your money gets wasted as your advert will not show to the right audience.
3. Social Media Marketing (SMM): Using social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc. for the promotion of your product/services. You can do promotion here with posts/text/images or videos. The best thing about social media you can do paid or free promotions also for small or individual businesses you do not need to have your website.
For doing basic SMM you do not need great knowledge or high-end devices, it can be done by using a basic smartphone with an internet connection. SMM is the most essential part of digital marketing skills.
4. Lead Generation: In online marketing, your lead is your customer, basically lead is information about your prospective customer. By having this information, you can get in you with them using messages, emails, and phone calls. There are various tools available online for the generation of these leads, we can also do online marketing for these leads. Broadly we can divide these leads into the below-mentioned categories. However, based on our interaction, importance, and usage we can create different stages for these leads for better understanding and sending the right message to the right person at right time.
- Business to Business (B to B)
- Business to Customer (B to C)
5. Email Marketing & Marketing Automation: Another skill that you need as a digital marketer is Email marketing and most important is creating marketing automation. By email marketing, we share information about products/service along with promotions and offers we do from time to time. In current days’ time this best and cost-effective way to in constant touch with our customers.
We need to create marketing automation based on different stages of our leads, that’s helps in sending different communication automatically to different stages of leads without any human intervention.
6. Content Marketing: In nowadays we drive sales or attention through content, in absence of good content most of the time we fail to get attention and subsequent sale. Content can be in form of text, posts, images, or videos. In digital marketing skills, content is king, as king content drives your digital marketing.
7. Affiliate Marketing: If we need to grow fast, we need some good associates in our business or in marketing activity. Using this skill is not just about promoting each other’s product but sharing revenue among each other.
8. Business Analytics: One of the last and most important skills is doing business analytics. No activity is complete without a proper analysis of the activity. In digital space, there are some great tools available for doing analysis of your data, one of the most used tools is google analytics which gives full details on the details activity. Apart from google analytics other platforms also have analytics tools like Facebook has Pixel.
Now we have understood some of the digital marketing skills and we can now clearly see that these skills are needed for everyone irrespective of product/service or market or person. There are some more digital marketing skills, tools, and techniques available that you can search again as your start practicing the same.
You can learn these skills for through online or offline with little investment: –
For learning in physical classes in Kenya you can visit: https://edulink.ac.ke/digital-marketing-course/
There another resource is available online and offline, so please do some research on the same.
I will be sharing some more insight in the future, till then keep learning.